AFL is offering a unique opportunity to steer the direction of our fast-growing Masterplanning & Urban Design team.
We are looking for an Associate Director with the talent and drive to take this service forward, working closely with the Board of Directors to shape our offer to clients, develop new business and set new benchmarks for quality design. This is a role that will make a real difference to the course of the practice and has the potential to be moulded by the right person, with autonomy and passion fully encouraged.
We’re looking for someone either located accessible to our Manchester head office or our Birmingham office and with the ability to travel nationally.
As Associate Director for our Masterplanning & Urban Design team, you will:
- Have an integral role in bringing clients’ developments and ambitions to life
- Have the ability to lead and manage a team
- A design based masterplanner ensuring that the environments you create are both beautiful and liveable
- Want to work alongside some of the leading names in the industry
- Able to work masterplans from a highly strategic level but able to with an eye for the smaller detail
- Apply core design principles to an exciting and varied range of locations, from urban environments through to rural and open landscapes.
- Able to develop the opportunity to input into our larger sports, leisure, health and commercial schemes across the practice
Why Choose Us?
- This is a highly autonomous position that we would love to discuss further with the right person – you can help shape your role and the future of the practice
- We are committed to training and development and as such this role is suitable for a candidate who is seeking long-term career opportunities
- AFL is a practice with unique mix of complementary disciplines and massive ambitions – you will be able to make a real contribution to shaping the future direction of our service with an impact on how we deliver on major national and international projects
- Mixed studio/home working options
- Access to our 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent salary offered in line with the level of experience
- Full time position, 36 hours p/w
- Bonus structure, dependent upon performance
- Generous company pension scheme
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.